Undoubtedly, many of us do not know how to properly place a duvet cover over our bed’s mattress. In the past, it may have seemed like you were always battling with it, and you’ve often wondered if there was an easier method. Sometimes, I find myself tying the corners of my duvet cover when I’m stuck inside of it.
The worst is over! Putting on a duvet cover is meant to be as easy as making a Scandinavian-style bed—and even enjoyable! Here are two simple methods for putting on your duvet cover without a fuss.
How Do You Put A Duvet Cover On?
The Old Method
When most people get it wrong, they try to do it the old-fashioned way. The answer should be easy, right? The duvet just goes inside the duvet cover. Yes, but there is a method to it, and the first thing you need to do is flip the cover so that the interior is facing out.
- If you want to use the old-fashioned way, place your duvet (the portion inside the cover) on top of your mattress.
- After that, place the duvet cover on top of the duvet while ensuring that the opening is towards the foot of the bed. This should be done while the cover is still inside out.
- The corner ties on the duvet covers assist keep the duvet in place. Tie your duvet cover’s top corner ties to the duvet’s corner loops now. In the absence of loops, you may simply secure the ties around each corner of your duvet with a tight knot.
- Using your hands, work your way up the duvet cover from the bottom. Then, align each corner of the duvet cover with the duvet’s top corners, and turn the duvet cover right-side out over the duvet’s top corners.
- Place a firm grip on the duvet cover and slide it down and then over the duvet to secure it. Close the cover at the foot of the bed by tying the bottom corner ties.
- Shake the duvet from top to bottom while holding it by the four corners and the edges as you do so. This will help you smooth it out and fluff it up.
The Burrito Method
As a beginner, the burrito approach may seem a little mysterious, but with enough practice, you may discover that it’s the quickest and most enjoyable way to put on your duvet cover—and the ideal way to make your bed-making experience exciting!
- Using a duvet cover as a burrito, begin by laying it over your bed with the opening facing you.
- The duvet cover and duvet should be laid on top of each other. When you have loops with ties, now is the moment to attach the duvet to the cover; if you don’t have loops, just knot on each edge of the duvet.
- The next step is to start at the head of the bed and work your way down toward the foot of the bed, rolling the duvet and cover together as you go.
- Once you’ve reached the bottom, flip the duvet cover over and draw the opening around the roll. To make the burrito, fasten the buttons.
- By squeezing and carefully tugging away, you can finally unwrap the duvet cover, which is wrapped in a swath of fabric. You can then shake and straighten it as you go. To smooth and fluff the duvet and cover, give them the last shake.
Why Using a Duvet and a Duvet Cover Is a Good Idea?
While a duvet is sometimes confused with a comforter, it is two separate pieces: the duvet itself and the duvet cover. A duvet is great if you like your bed to be fluffier. Duvets come in different styles and weights that let you change the way your bedroom looks. The cover is easy to change, so you can quickly change the look of your bedroom.
Protecting your duvet from dirt, perspiration, and stains is the primary function of duvet covers. Simply remove the duvet cover, and then toss it in the washing machine to get it clean. They are simple to clean and simple to replace.